Our client is looking for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor, OHA, to join the Human Resources team.
The job we are looking to fill is a full time (4 days per week considered) role for a qualified Occupational Health Advisor to provide a high quality comprehensive occupational health service.
You will need to be an OHA with an Occupational Health qualification or a Registered Nurse with experience in dealing with case management, health surveillance, well-being and health promotion.
You will also be an expert report writer and have experience of pre-employment screening.You will need to have demonstrable experience of operating as an Occupational Health Advisor in a manufacturing environment (or similar) and have sound knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation.
- Provide Occupational Health and Wellness services across the site
- Undertake fitness for work assessments, before employment, during employment and at cessation of employment and provide objective practical advice to the employee and to the Company (as appropriate)
- Ensure the implementation of health related policies, procedures and standard operating instructions
- Identify potential health hazards, participate in the assessment and control of risk and undertake relevant and local health surveillance programmes
You will need sufficient experience to advise appropriately on the potential health impact of physical, chemical, biological and psychological hazards and assist in the implementation of health related policies, procedures and standard operating instructions.Whilst this is a truly autonomous role, you will liaise closely with the site Medical Advisor on areas such as; programme implementation, Health Surveillance results, Ill Health Retirement cases, and externally reported occupational illness. You will also ensure appropriate clinical referrals are made to the Site Physician.We're looking for a passionate individual who will inspire a culture of health and wellness, and be able to demonstrate its impact on performance and productivity.We'll need you to be;
- On the first part of the professional Nursing Register (UK) or equivalent.
- Have the right or ability to obtain the right to work in the UK.
- Experienced in working within a manufacturing (or similar) occupational health advisor level role.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently.
- Full of energy and innovation combined with strong analytical skills which will include the ability to identify health trends.
You need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have tenacity and influencing skills, and be an expert in tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
For further information and to apply, please call Chris Rose at gel Resourcing Ltd on 01323 332355, alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com